Inspired by Wes Bos’s /uses page, and the uses.tech site, here’s my uses page.
- Visual Studio Code - I've been using VS Code since around 2018. Before that I was using Coda by Panic
- Usually using the Lucy theme, but recently started using the Dracula theme
- I went through a phase of trying every new font I came across, but I've settled on JetBrains Mono
Alfred with the Powerpack - I've been using Alfred for years, and I'm constantly using the web search shortcuts, clipboard history and snippets.
Firefox Developer Edition
Fork - a great cross-platform Git client. It's got a great diff viewer and really helpful for visually checking merge conflicts and git history on complex projects.
Google Chrome - My main daily browser
- PixelParallel by htmlBurger for checking builds against designs
- Vue.js Dev Tools
- JSON Formatter
- Save to Pocket
Insomnia - GraphQL and REST client
MAMP for local Wordpress & PHP development
Spectacle - window management app (though no longer actively maintained)
TickTick (RIP Wunderlist)
- 2020 MacBook Pro 13in
- Dual Monitors (Benq GL2580 and AOC 2581W)
- Keychron K2 V2 Mechanical Keyboard
- Duronic gas-powered monitor arm
- Ikea Linnmon + Alex Desk
- Google Nest Mini
- Nintendo Switch
I keep a pretty minimal setup on my iPhone11 with just have one home screen set up (thanks iOS14!), and I don't have tons of apps on my phone. Some of my favourite apps are: